City of Pampa Hiring Process
Applications will only be accepted for open positions.
To be considered for employment, the application must be completed in its entirety, signed in the certification section, and the position for which you are applying - specified.
On Line Application
The application must be completed in its entirety, and the Name and Date entered for acceptance to all information on the application.
Please keep in mind that some positions generate significant numbers of applicants, so estimated time frames are purely projected.
- Position is posted externally with a closing date.
- Applications will only be accepted for open positions.
- Applications must be received in the Human Resources office or submitted on line no later than 5 pm on the closing date.
- The Human Resources Director forwards on line applications to the intended Department Head. Paper applications are given to the intended Department Head.
- Department Heads review all applications and choose the most qualified applicants for an interview.
- Interviews are held and a candidate is selected. The selected candidate will be notified within 5 working days
In most cases 3 - 4 weeks may lapse between the closing date of a position and the day a job offer is made. We ask that you please be patient during this important process. Calling the Human Resources office will not expedite the status of your application. The City of Pampa is dedicated to thoroughly reviewing and considering all applications, which can be a very time consuming project. We appreciate your patience and again, thank you for applying with The City of Pampa.
Only Applicants Selected For An Interview Will Be Notified
Applications not submitted to Human Resources by the closing date will not be considered for employment.