About the Public Works Department
The City of Pampa Public Works Department consists of several different departments all of which are under the supervision of Donny Hooper, the Director of Public Works. The Public Works / Engineering Department strives to provide administrative and technical support in reaching the goals established by the City Commission.
The Public Works/Engineering/Planning & Zoning Department is responsible for
· Supplying professional engineering services to all City departments
· Assisting each department in preparing budget proposals or repair and capital improvement studies in
o Water distribution
o Wastewater collection
o Water production
o Wastewater treatment
o Traffic control
o Drainage and parks
· Drafts plans and specifications and administers projects which are within its capabilities.
· Maintains the City’s records of streets, utilities and boundaries in current status.
· Assists the public with engineering/feasibility studies, utility companies with service line locations
· Provides support for the Planning and Zoning Commission and the Board of Adjustment which is appointed by the City Commission
Projects of a larger nature or those requiring specialized technical knowledge are designed and/or supervised by the Engineering Staff through professional consultants.
Goals & Objectives
· Provide oversight and support to Planning and Zoning Commission and the Board of Adjustment
· Provide engineering services for city projects in all departments
· Long-range planning for extension of City utilities, streets and other services
· Continue computerization of all city records and maps for facilities
· Provide citizen assistance in development of properties within the City limits and the extra territorial jurisdiction