Goals and Objectives
- Provide a safe and efficient collection of wastewater (sewer).
- Reduce wastewater stoppages (sewer chokes) through a scheduled main line cleaning program
- Improve response time on emergency stoppages
- Reduce wastewater stoppages (sewer chokes) caused by grease buildup through a grease trap inspection and B.E.F. (Bacteria, Enzymes, Fungi) program
- Improve streets and alleys by adjusting the grade on manhole lids and clean out plugs and keeping them properly marked
- Video inspect mains and laterals to curtail infiltration/inflow into the collection system and to reduce cost of treatment at the wastewater treatment plant.
- Smoke testing the collection system to curtail infiltration/inflow into the collection system.
- Repair and/or replace main sewer lines as needed to keep the collection system working properly.
- Replacement of old cast iron sewer lines under streets and highways by use of pipe bursting technology.
- Update the collection system grid map and input information into database for easy and more accurate access to collection system information.
- Training on excavating, trenching, shoring, and confined space entry.
- Maintain a safe working environment for the employees & the general public in work zones.
To accomplish these goals the City of Pampa Wastewater Collection Dept. personnel regularly performs preventive maintenance on the collection system by annually:
- Cleaning 200,000 lineal feet of main sewer lines
- Cleaning 200 manholes
- Repairing 25 manholes
- Locating and raising 200 manholes
- Video inspect 10,000 lineal feet of main sewer line
- Smoke test 75,000 lineal feet of main sewer line