Fire Department Recruitment
Goal: To keep a current list of potential recruits to fill firefighter vacancies. Each list will expire upon conception of the one that follows.
For questions or information on departmental vacancies please contact Assistant Chief Presson at 806-669-5800
New Recruit Testing Date/Time: Saturday February 10th, 2018 / 9:00 a.m.
New Recruit Test Site: City of Pampa Recreation Center 12065 E. Frederick Ave.
Please read and understand all of the directions that follow.
Necessary/Requested documents are attached at the bottom of this page.
Steps to be taken:
1) Complete a City of Pampa Job Application.
- APPLY HERE (not currently accepting applications)
Online applications will be submitted directly to Human Resources.
2) Candidates must then complete:
- Pampa Fire Department Personal History Statement
- Authorization for Release of Personal Information (Notarized)
- Release and Waiver (Notarized)
Attached below, online applicants MUST print and assemble the above documents within a packet.
The packet is to be kept in candidate's possession until date of testing.
3) For test ordering purposes, candidates must submit ONLY the "Notice of Intent to Test" to Assistant Chief Kasey Presson on or before the stated deadline.
In Person - 203 W. Foster
Pampa, TX 79065
By Mail - P.O. Box 2499
Pampa, TX 79066
(Must be received prior to deadline)
By E-Mail - FDTO@cityofpampa.org
(Must be a scanned image with an accompanying e-mail)
NOTICE OF INTENT TO TEST MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN: Thursday February 1st, 2018
Assistant Chief Presson will make contact to verify receipt.
4) Candidates will arrive at the testing facility on morning of the New recruit Written Exam.
- Candidate must arrive on time. - (9:00 a.m.)
- Candidate must present a valid photo ID with name matching that of the "Notice of Intent" on file.
5) The written entrance exam will commence.
Candidates will be instructed the means by which/when grades will be posted.
6) Candidates whom achieve a passing grade (70% or better) will be invited to continue with the recruit testing process. All others will be dismissed.
Physical Agility Testing will commence at the discretion of the Pampa Fire Department Training/Safety Officer. (Typically conducted the same day, as weather allows.)