Normal Operating Hours
8:00am - Dusk
The Recreation Park Lake is located on the west side of Recreation Park (one mile east of Pampa off US Highway 60).
The lake has a maximum depth of twelve feet and encompasses approximately seven surface acres.
Fishing and aesthetic enjoyment
Note: Use of gasoline-powered motorboats is prohibited.
- Stocked in cooperation with the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
- All persons between the ages of 17 and 64 must have a valid State fishing license with proper stamps
- Limit of five (5) fish/person per fishing day
- Private stocking without written approval from the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department is illegal and strictly prohibited
- Rod and real and fixed-line fishing rods only; bow-fishing, limb lines, jug lines and trot-line fishing are not permitted
- Fishing between the hours of 11:00pm and 5:00am is prohibited
Minimum size limits:
- Largemouth bass 14"
- Channel catfish 9"
- Trout - none
- Perch - none
Lake stocked annually with:
- Rainbow Trout
- Largemouth Bass
- Channel Catfish
- Boats, canoes, and paddleboats are allowed
- All participants must have a designated place to sit in the vessel and be wearing a US Coast Guard approved floating life jacket designed for use by an individual of their weight and size.
- Boats or canoes can be paddle-powered, oar-powered, or driven by an electric 12 VDC motor or 1 ½ horsepower or less.
- Boating between dusk and dawn is prohibited.
- No Lifeguards are on duty at any time.
Ducks, Geese, and Other Waterfowl:
- Hunting, trapping and/or capturing the wild and domestic ducks, geese, and other waterfowl is prohibited.
- Littering of any kind is prohibited - any littering directly and indirectly impacts the health and safety of waterfowl.