Engineering / Planning & Zoning Home
Our mission is to provide efficient, centralized, and cost effective municipal engineering services to the citizens, as well as other Divisions and Departments of the City. We concentrate our efforts on designing/planning, advising, administering, and overseeing all public works improvements and subdivision developments with the aim of protecting the public health, safety, and welfare. Furthermore, we intend to be good stewards of public resources in order to enhance the quality of life in the City of Pampa.
Drafts plans and specifications and administers projects which are within its capabilities.
- Maintains the City’s records of streets, utilities and boundaries in current status.
- Assists the public with engineering/feasibility studies, utility companies with service line locations
- Provides support for the Planning and Zoning Commission and the Board of Adjustment which is appointed by the City Commission
Projects of a larger nature or those requiring specialized technical knowledge are designed and/or supervised by the Engineering Staff through professional consultants.
Goals & Objectives
- Provide oversight and support to Planning and Zoning Commission and the Board of Adjustment
- Provide engineering services for city projects in all departments
- Long-range planning for extension of City utilities, streets and other services
- Continue computerization of all city records and maps for facilities
- Provide citizen assistance in development of properties within the City limits and the extra territorial jurisdiction