Information Technology Home
The mission of the Information Technology Department is to provide the most innovative, highest quality technology-based services, in the most cost-effective manner, and to facilitate the achievement of goals and objectives of each of the City’s departments.
Information Technology provides support for the City's multi-platform network environment, operating systems, servers, and office automation programs. Major activities include the evaluation, configuration, and implementation of new technology, development of computer-related standards and policies, installation and maintenance of hardware, software, and network systems, coordination of u ser training, management of Wide Area Network links, coordination of computer equipment purchases, and inventories.
Goals and objectives
- Provide maintenance and technical support for the City’s Local and Wide Area Networks, consisting of over 10 file/database/application and test servers.
- Provide training and support for the City standard software applications.
- Develop, enhance, and maintain the City’s Websites, internet and intranet applications.
- Enhance and maintain network security by configuring and installing Cisco firewalls in remote City department offices.
- Promote new uses of information technology within the institution through the support for exploratory and innovative applications.
- Develop and deploy a “Disaster Recovery” site for networks and file shares.
- Maintain email security by deploying a Spam and Virus firewall on the network.
- Install and maintain new anti-virus software.