Lovett Memorial Library Home
The Lovett Memorial Library will offer a broadly defined program of information, education, recreation, and cultural enrichment opportunities for people of all ages and educational, cultural, and economic backgrounds.
The Lovett Memorial Library serves the community of Pampa and Gray County as a cultural, informational, and educational center by providing current books, magazines, newspapers, videos, books on tape, and E-books with regard to the needs of the community. The library has 21 computers available to the public with Internet access and productivity software along with a secured wireless access that requires getting a user ID and Password to connect. Library cards must be in good standing to have access to computers. People from out of town who do not belong to an HLC library will receive a guest pass to access the computers. Request for information may be made in person, phone, or e-mail.
The library, located at the corner of Houston and Foster streets, houses over 48,000 items. Patrons have access to over 3,000 E-books and 71 databases. The present building was constructed in 1954 with a bequest from Henry and Fannie Lovett. Major interior modifications to the library were completed in 1999 through a grant from the Pampa Lovett Library Foundation, including the installation of an elevator, a second-story bridge and numerous other Texas Fire Code and ADA-mandated structural modifications. In 2014, the library got an update with a new tile floor and repainted both the interior and exterior. The circulation desk was replaced along with all of the outdated furniture throughout the library in 2015.
A 5 member Library Board serves in an advisory role on overall policy and provides promotional efforts on behalf of the library. Other library support groups include the Friends of the Library and the Gray Pampa Foundation.
Goals and Objectives
- The Library will provide the citizens of Pampa and Gray County with the most up-to-date informational, educational, and recreational materials.
- The Library will encourage children to become responsible life-long patrons of the library.
- The Library will introduce the citizens of Pampa and Gray County to the informational and educational benefits of technology.
- The Library will serve a culturally and racially diverse population.
- The Library will encourage public support and use of the library.