Water Distribution Home
Our mission is to provide our customers potable water with as few interruptions as possible while maintaining a uniform flow at a constant pressure.
About Water Distribution
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of approximately 154 miles of various size water distribution mains
- 9 employees in this department including the Utility Superintendent
Water lines can’t be scheduled to leak during working hours and in good weather, so unfortunately we have to fight them even at night, on weekends, and holidays. Water leaks usually come in multiples.
In the last five years, we have averaged repairing 94 water main leaks. Most of these repairs have been in the winter and several on Christmas Day and Thanksgiving.
This Department also services and maintains 8,018 active meters and service lines to meters, 586 fire hydrants and approximately 2,418 main valves.
2” - 16,656 linear feet
4” - 300,865 linear feet
6” - 252,485 linear feet
8” - 60,435 linear feet
10” - 68,620 linear feet
12” - 48,093 linear feet
16” - 48,848 linear feet
20” - 10,659 linear feet
24” - 2,625 linear feet
30” - 2,400 linear feet
Total - 811,686 linear feet
We assist other departments when needed.
- Assisting the Landfill in many areas
- Helping the Street Department patch excavation areas in the streets
- Helping the Parks Department fix leaks on sprinkler systems
- Assisting the Water Plant with installation projects and repairs